Skip to main content area
Environmental Management
Protecting Public Health and the Environment

Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste?

If you need to dispose of household hazardous waste (e.g., antifreeze, batteries, used motor oil and filters, paint), then you may contact one of the disposal sites listed here:

Sacramento Transfer and Recycling  Station

8491 Fruitridge Road
Sacramento, CA 95826

(916) 379-0500

North Area Recovery Station

4450 Roseville Road
North Highlands, CA 95660

(916) 876-9457

Kiefer Landfill

12701 Kiefer Boulevard & Grant Line Road
Sloughhouse CA 95683

(916) 876-9436

For more information about hours of operation, disposal fees, directions and lists of the specific materials accepted at each center, please visit the Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Center information page.

Most communities in Sacramento County have curbside recycling programs that accept used motor oil and filters for residents. For more information please visit the Waste Management & Recycling "How Do I Recycle or Dispose of Used Motor Oil and Filters?" page.

For electronic waste disposal or recycling, please visit the Waste Management & Recycling Electronic Waste Disposal page.

For a list of facilities that accept sharps and pharmaceutical waste, please visit: (for sharps); (for medications)

For all other recycling services, contact:

Sacramento County Waste Management & Recycling
9850 Goethe Road (Map)
Sacramento, CA 95827
916-875-5555 or e-mail

Translation Disclaimer